(Senior) Tax Accountant - CPA or EA
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Remote Tax Professional needed to prepare tax returns, financial statements and work on various tax planning, tax resolution and tax consulting engagements. A passion for client relationship management and HEAVY tax knowledge a MUST.
Our client, an accounting firm that has served clients in the state of Ohio for almost 30 years, is seeking a motivated, hard-working, and dedicated Tax Professional to join their team. CPA or EA REQUIRED. CPA preferred. 5+ years of small business tax consulting and preparation. Exceptional Salary, Bonuses, Benefits and Work Life Balance.
- Prepare Corporate, Partnership, and Individual tax returns. Prepare and review throughout the year estimated tax assumptions to ensure "No Surprises" arise.
- Prepare Federal, State and City tax returns.
- Review and advise client regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Ensure client complies with all taxing authority requirements and represent client before taxing authorities as needed.
- Respond to notices on behalf of clients and facilitate audits of clients' records as they arise.
- Organize and maintain tax records and conduct tax studies and special projects.
- Analyze/Prepare client financial statements based on the accounting/bookkeeping work provided to ensure the records are prepared in accordance with tax law requirements.
- Coach/Train and Develop team members on tax preparation skills. Continue to stay apprised of changes in tax laws and communicate changes among team members.
- Consistently market the business and services offered and solicit referrals to foster growth.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree: Required
- Must have CPA and/or EA designation: Required
- 5+ Years of Small Business Tax Consulting/Preparation
- Preparation of Individual, Corporate and Partnership tax returns
- Must have experience preparing city tax returns or similar returns such as boroughs, townships, etc
- Experience representing clients before taxing authorities to resolve tax matters
- Thorough understanding of Accounting and Tax principles
- Experience engaging clients in tax planning strategies to reduce tax liabilities.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Results oriented
- Project Management skills; Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Must be knowledgeable with QuickBooks and Sage (Peachtree) products as well have a working knowledge of PC applications like Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- An understanding of the Creative Solutions Suite (CS Accounting, Ultra Tax CS, Fixed Assets CS, File Cabinet CS, Practice CS, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding network infrastructure and how to solve computer software or hardware related matters is also a plus.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU........
- The ability to work remote or on-site
- Family work life balance
- Be a part of a progressive growing firm
- Period bonuses based on performance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Match
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
- Short- & Long-Term Disability 100% paid by firm
- And more…
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward your resume and state what you would require on a salary basis.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈