(Senior) Tax Accountant
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Are you ready to take your professional skills to another level? Are you interested in working on technically challenging work in an award-winning local firm environment? If so, MillerMusmar wants to hear from you.
MillerMusmar CPAs is an award-winning CPA firm located in Reston, VA that provides accounting, tax, assurance, and management advisory services. MillerMusmar is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant interested in pushing themselves into new and interesting challenges that includes all aspects of taxation, including a substantial amount of international tax issues. The seasoned tax leadership within the Firm is focused on leading, assisting, and mentoring our tax staff to enhance their opportunities to learn and successfully participate in complex client service opportunities.
The Senior Tax Accountant will work within the engagement team and assist in the delivery of technically accurate solutions and best in class client service to our international client base. You will utilize your professional experience on various tax consulting, planning, and compliance services for domestic and international corporate, partnership, and individual tax clients. Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing and/or reviewing income tax returns and supporting workpapers.
- Researching technical solutions to client transactions to ensure accurate tax reporting and planning. Preparation of the related documentation.
- Preparation and/or review of tax planning in support of proposed transactions.
- Engaging in client correspondence and relationship building.
- Implementing improvements to the tax function to ensure compliance with current laws
- Assisting in the supervision, review, and mentoring of tax staff.
- Participating in Firm community activities.
- Continually growing your technical and professional skills and stay current with tax law changes
- At least 2 years of recent experience in a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts in Accounting; Masters of Tax preferred.
- Experience with the preparation/review of federal and state corporate, partnership and individual income tax returns, including larger multi-state business entities.
- General understanding of international tax and exposure to tax reporting for international activities.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to conduct tax research and document findings accordingly.
- Microsoft® Office (including PowerPoint), CCH ProSystem(fx)®, Engagement® , and other tax compliance and research software proficiency.
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
- CPA or CPA candidate
Preferred but not Required
- Tax treaty position experience
- Big 4 or large firm experience
MillerMusmar CPAs has been providing quality client services for over 25 years. We are a trusted advisor to clients working in a variety of industries and our average client relationship lasts more than 10 years, a testament to our longstanding tradition of providing financial solutions that work alongside excellent customer service. Our clients include:
- Government Contractors
- Businesses (Domestic and International)
- Nonprofits and Associations
- Individuals (Residents, Foreign Nationals, and Expatriates)
We were awarded one of the Top Accounting Firms to work for by the Washington Business Journal as well as a Great Place to Work in 2018. Apply today to join an amazing firm with a great team!
Please respond with a copy of your resume as well as a cover letter. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈