(Senior) Revenue Accountant at SalesLoft
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for SalesLoft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages, and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Senior Revenue Accountant (SRA) is pivotal to our company’s success. The “SRA” will be a key contributing member of the Accounting and Finance Department. This role will be an integral part of the organization’s order-to-cash and customer analytics process. The SRA will contribute to the organization’s financial operations and play a critical role in customer account reconciliations, activities, and key performance indicators.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of Revenue Accounting comply and run as designed. Specifically, you will:
- Maintain a system integration and accuracy between Salesforce and NetSuite and all of the supporting software.
- Be a problem solver by understanding the current business model and partnering with the rest of the organization.
- Identify risks and provide recommendations/resolutions to improve customer experience and data accuracy.
- Provide an excellent customer service experience in resolving customer issues.
In addition to working with outstanding colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to build and improve our already robust quote to cash process. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated, self-driven individual with a proven track record of successful revenue accounting experience, preferably in a high-growth, software as a service environment.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more, then becoming a Senior Revenue Accountant is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s Finance and Corporate Services team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Accounting professionals who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Finance and Accounting team consists of results-oriented SaaS accounting and finance professionals committed to supporting and adding value to the business mission of redefining the Sales Engagement space and activating the authentic seller in all of us. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- Proven experience with revenue, accounts receivable, and billing core functions in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of progressive revenue accounting experience
- Experience for full-cycle order to cash process for software and subscription-based revenue company
- Proven knowledge of deal finance structure and accompanying revenue accounting
- A Process builder with a deep understanding of Quote to Cash process for a software and subscription-based revenue company
- Extensive working experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ order management is a plus
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work and ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills with high proficiency in Excel and exposure to FP&A
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication, story builder, and facilitation skills will enable them to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Takes ownership; ability to set a strategy and motivate others to achieve necessary deliverables
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP; particularly around revenue recognition
- Bachelor's degree
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Develop an understanding of the deal flow from Salesforce to and through NetSuite as a contract, revenue arrangement, and to being recognized revenue
- Establish working knowledge of the interface between Salesforce, NetSuite, and all of Accounting Supporting software while developing an understanding of the opportunities within the interface.
- Cross-train with the rest of the revenue team members to gain knowledge around their roles.
- Meet key partners in Account Management, Sales, Customer Success, Executives, etc. – they will be critical relationships for you throughout your order-to-cash cycle.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Close the financial month and report revenue by customer with a comparison to prior months, and identify opportunities for better insights, analysis, and operational necessities to mitigate the risk of misstatement.
- Be exposed to contract structuring and deal finance by partnering with the sales team.
- Design and develop a forward-looking framework for best practices in revenue accounting comparing to the recurring revenue metrics of the organization
- Provide customer service regarding all relevant financial information for to internal customers – including business operations, sales operations, and the general accounting leadership
- Prepare and present reports on monthly GAAP revenue metrics, recurring revenue analytics, deferred revenue balance sheet accounts, and all activities and monthly forecasts & projections
- Perform global AR journals, accounts reconciliation, and fluxes.
- Partner with revenue operations, accounts receivable, and general accounting team with month-end close, and responding to external auditor’s requests, as required.
- Assist with revenue process automation and ensure compliance with the revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop an operating framework whereby recurring revenue and GAAP revenue can be analyzed and reported on driver comments in a repeatable manner
- Build revenue manual to achieve process consistency and uniformity.
- Measure and report customer activities progress relative to the company’s financial forecast and budget.
- Implement required initiatives and change-of-course actions to ensure order to cash flow given organizational growth
- Have an ‘eye for scale’ by defining the necessary enhancements needed to scale better the enterprise deal and data flow, a deal finance framework, and revenue recognition principles.
- Assist in the calculation and/or review of revenue to be recognized on significant revenue arrangements—record revenue entries related to non-standard revenue transactions.
- Support ad hoc projects and internal initiative to improve the order to cash cycle
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a key performer and display the ability to make those around you better and more productive at their job.
- Develop for scale taking action on necessary enhancements identified within the first six months
- Have developed strong cross-functional relationships to be current on Business Strategic Initiatives and understand how those would impact the performance obligations we contractually have with our customers.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Would you like to receive interview invites from hiring managers at leading startups and tech companies? Check out Kandidate.com
This job listing was posted by Kandidate.com on behalf of SalesLoft, with their consent. Your application, CV and other details will be forwarded directly to the company.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈