Senior Product & Privacy Counsel
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
As Senior Product & Privacy Counsel, you will focus on our product offerings, the transactional documents that support them and the important privacy compliance topics that they implicate (including compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and international privacy laws). Responsibilities also include providing strategic advice and legal support to the business development team and the product and engineering teams. The role requires deep legal expertise as well collaborative leadership and problems-solving skills necessary to facilitate the company’s innovation and growth in accordance with its overall privacy agenda.
- Collaborate with business teams to incorporate compliance and privacy by design throughout every stage of product development, execution and launch cycle.
- Analyze new and existing domestic and international privacy laws and regulations and provide strategic guidance to business teams to ensure compliance with evolving privacy requirements and best practices.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and execute customer’s and vendor’s information security schedules, data protection agreements, data licenses and other data-related legal agreements that support and enable business operations.
- Address pertinent issues relevant to business and product initiatives including: compliance and safety requirements, consumer protection, privacy and cybersecurity risk, and intellectual property protection.
- Assist with interactions with regulators, law enforcement and litigation related matters, primarily on matters implicating data privacy, safety and consumer protection.
- Take the lead in developing and operationalizing comprehensive privacy and compliance program and designing workforce training programs to enhance awareness of privacy obligations and objectives.
- Partner with relevant company stakeholders to ensure timely engagement and effective decision-making on privacy risk matters and their impact on business operations and customer experience.
- Monitor and analyze the business impact of relevant legislative, regulatory and market developments. EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS • J.D. with membership in at least one U.S. state bar, with a preference for admission in CA if California-based
- A minimum of 6-8 years product and privacy law experience – predominantly in an in-house environment. Title may be adjusted to be commensurate with experience.
- Hands-on expertise and knowledge of global standards, principles and privacy law and regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, FCRA, etc.) as well as familiarity with digital advertising regulations, guidelines and best practices (e.g., DAA and NAI self-regulatory principles, ePrivacy Directive, etc.).
- Experience operating independently and executing flawlessly on both the strategic and operational level. • Impeccable legal and business judgment and the ability to provide pragmatic guidance to fast-moving business teams. • CIPP certification a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈