(Senior) Mortgage Loan Processor
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Maxwell, our mission is to build enterprise software and services that empower people to make mortgage lending simpler and more accessible. Founded in 2015, our platform has grown to facilitate billions of dollars of mortgage volume for a growing network of lenders, service providers, real estate agents, and technology partners. We help lending teams work more efficiently and close loans 45% faster than the national average. We strive to make the lenders, and their employees, the real heroes who enable homeowners to achieve the American Dream.
Maxwell is based in beautiful Denver, Colorado and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Techstars. Our world-class team of software experts and mortgage professionals work together and do whatever it takes to make each other successful. We're privileged that our company has been recognized by HousingWire, Progress in Lending, MReport, and others as a leading innovator in our industry. At the end of the day, we are a company doing honest work that really matters in the real world -- one lender, one borrower, one homeowner at a time. And it works.
As Maxwell has grown, the hundreds of lenders on our platform are asking more of us. And we realize we have become more to them than just a point of sale. Therefore, we launched the Maxwell Fulfillment Platform. Powered by our technology, we offer a dedicated network of processors making it easier for lenders to deliver a flexible, efficient, and high-quality processing experience. We are rapidly expanding this Maxwell Fulfillment Platform and looking for talented and experienced Mortgage Processors for fill our remote teams.
The Senior Mortgage Loan Processor will be responsible for gathering pertinent information (e.g., income, assets, appraisal, escrow and title as needed), running and reviewing AUS to determine additional documentation requirements and coordinating with internal and external customers to obtain documentation. The completed loan package is to be submitted to Underwriting for disposition and the resulting conditions cleared. The Loan Processor may request closing documents and coordinate closing. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Thorough review of the loan file to determine needed documentation
- Timely Follow-up with borrowers to obtain documentation
- Coordination with the Loan Officer to obtain and communicate critical information
- Coordination of all parties to the transaction
- Completion of any duties required to complete a loan package for submission
- Concise and Accurate input of data and interface with vender software
- Submit a complete and accurate file for underwriting
- Timely clearing of underwriting conditions
- Complete any remaining duties requested by management or underwriting
- A minimum of 3 recent years of senior mortgage loan processing experience
- Experience with initial disclosures and re-disclosure desired
- A demonstrated ability to submit complete and accurate loan files to underwriting
- High School diploma or GED required
- Additional experience in the mortgage industry a plus
- Experience in disclosure requirements a plus
- Recent experience working in a broker environment a plus
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work ethic focuses on quality and providing excellent customer service
- Proactive and can set priorities
- Must pass background check
- Ability to carry 40 files continually, submitting 30 of those each month
- Ability to submit files that require minimal conditions
- Ability to analyze income/assets/collateral
- Ability to mentor junior processors
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity as an employee at a growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈