(Senior) Manager, Global Payroll
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
GitLab is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Accounting team as a Payroll Manager.
The role will oversee the processing of multi-country and multi-state payrolls, maintaining related records, and developing and documenting various payroll policies and procedures.
We expect you to demonstrate the ability to work at a fast pace, both individually and as a part of a team, and thrive within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Coordinate all global payroll processing operations.
- Ensure that all relevant data is processed and track through the relevant payroll systems.
- Responsible for working with local tax and legal advisors to ensure the company follows local regulations with respect to payroll.
- Work closely with GitLab contributors and the People Ops team to ensure timely response to questions and requests that have been processed.
- Complete filings for payroll subsidies, where applicable.
- Accounting lead for implementation of new payroll systems.
- Accounting lead for other global payroll systems.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies and principles.
- Manage Payroll Team
- Primary ownership for management and external reporting.
- Development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of payments to contributors.
- Primary contact point for external audit with respect to payroll matters.
- Coordinate with other auditors as needed.
- Support overall department goals and objectives.
- Proven work experience as a payroll administrator.
- Experience as a manager of people.
- Experience with large payroll platforms such as ADP or Paychex.
- Been responsible for at least one international payroll function.
- Public company experience with Sarbanes Oxley a plus.
- Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Proficient with google sheets.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈