(Senior) Legal Counsel
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
- Act as the legal point of contact for the Company.
- Work with Prolific's Growth team on contract terms, administration, process improvement, management, tracking and reporting.
- Act as Prolific's Data Protection Officer and advise on global data privacy issues and overseeing compliance in EU and other jurisdictions where compliance is necessary.
- Collaborate with the product and data teams, and commercial teams to continually improve Prolific's privacy and security and general contracts terms.
- Keep up-to-date with industry guidelines and legislation in data privacy, information security, ISO, HIPAA, Prolific's products and services.
- Work collaboratively across multi-function teams especially closely with HR, Finance and Operations.
- Ensure legal best practice across the Company.
- Manage relationships with external legal counsel.
- An experienced Solicitor with extensive commercial experience of working in-house or in private practice.
- An excellent commercial contract drafter, confident negotiator and closer of deals.
- A knowledgeable advisor on all aspects of data privacy and data security.
- Speak and write clearly, concisely and 'jargon-free' with a flexible style adaptable to multi-jurisdictional needs.
- Someone who enjoys working in a past-paced environment
- Have the ability to manage numerous tasks and prioritise according to business needs.
- Be a self starter who is willing to work autonomously and remotely, and curious to learn about new areas.
- Be understanding and compassionate towards others' needs and viewpoints, and effectively facilitate strong multi-team collaboration.
- Have a 'can do' attitude and willing to challenge what has gone before!
- Experience of working in a high growth startup.
- Experience with financial regulation, anti money laundering regulation etc.
- Experience with US law.
- Competitive salary and share options.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + ****bank holidays, which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈