(Senior) GL Accountant
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We are looking for a Senior GL Accountant who has a great understanding of accounting principles, ERP systems and has helped manage a complete month-end close cycle. Experience working in both high-growth and fast-paced start-ups. A strong work ethic, high professional standards, and the capacity to get things done independently are essential for this role.
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, assuring that month-end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules (payroll, cash, accruals, fixed assets, allocations).
- Participate in and contribute in the financial audit process including preparation of various audit schedules.
- Play an active role in process improvement projects including implementation of enhancements to our ERP systems and processes.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Collaborate with the business partners and accounting team to ensure products and partnerships are in compliance with revenue recognition.
- Partner around revenue accounting, maintaining amortization schedules, and reporting.
- Participate in developing and maintaining Internally Developed Software analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of related progressive work experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices in a private company start-up environment
- Big 4 experience and/or CPA preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; high EQ
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and comfortable working in a high-volume/fast-paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and G Suite skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and driven to do things right
- Self-motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈