Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. We're growing rapidly and are expanding across the US.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more.
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the Finance team you will support the financial management of the business, including forecasting, strategic planning & budgeting, financial modeling, and reporting. You will report to the CFO and work closely with senior business leaders in a fast-paced environment to drive key decision making across operations, strategic initiatives, and resource planning. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an early stage company with a killer product backed by top investors.
What You’ll Do
- Own the budgeting and forecasting process, including the preparation of management discussion and analysis at the close of each month
- Partner with Operations team to build and maintain driver based revenue models for each market as the company expands to dozens of cities.
- Drive the preparation of ad hoc financial analysis for Board presentations, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Partner with accounting on monthly close, annual audit, implementation of new systems and processes to evolve the company from a start-up to a public ready organization
- Build and maintain detailed financial projections in support of our annual operating plan, long-range strategic plan, and periodic forecasts
- Identify ways to improve forecasting, constantly refining approach over time
- Drive analysis and modeling for growth and strategic initiatives
- Develop insightful findings, provide recommendations, and help facilitate decision making process for our leadership team
- Support the development of effective incentive models for our Sales team
- Support any ad-hoc and other financial analyses as necessary
Who You Are
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a formidable attention to detail, possessing strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA or CPA a plus
- 4+ years of progressive finance experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund and/or tech company in a finance/strategy role
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving, utilizing financial modeling, including advanced Excel skills
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP to act as liaison with the Accounting team
- Interest in joining an early venture where you will help to shape our culture and values
- Passion for the professional community Instawork is serving, and desire to help blue collar workers earn money and lead better lives
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals, with a high level of genuine curiosity about our business and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adoptive Planning Experience a plus
- Preferred Location: West Coast for timezone alignment
Comp and Incentives:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote work is ok
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and 80% for dependents
- 401k, life and disability coverage
- Laptop and home office reimbursement
- Open PTO and parental leave plan
- The opportunity for career advancement in a high-growth startup
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.