Senior Counsel - Privacy and Product
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are looking for a whip-smart privacy and product attorney as Senior Counsel, Privacy and Product (title depending on experience) to join our growing legal team remotely.
Reporting to the General Counsel in Pacific Time, you'll work hand-in-hand together on cutting edge privacy matters related to PubMatic’s platform, products and services. This includes policy related work, participating in industry association working groups, and staying abreast of ever changing data protection and privacy regulations globally.
You will also support our internal product teams providing product counseling, licensing, and other regulatory advice. This role is primarily a privacy attorney who assists with product, not the other way around, and can potentially serve as the company’s Chief Privacy Officer. Hopefully, you will be able to teach our General Counsel a thing or two about privacy.
- Ensure PubMatic’s compliance with the EU GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, CCPA, CPRA, COPPA, VPPA, and an ever evolving patchwork of global data protection and privacy laws such as the PDPA and LGPD.
- Oversee policy work related to privacy, including industry leadership in IAB, NAI, DAA, and PRAM working groups, lobbying regulators and legislators, and drafting position papers and contract templates in working groups
- Build privacy compliance program outside of technical implementation of the IAB CCPA Framework/LSPA and IAB TCF 2.0
- Assist product teams with privacy reviews, open licensing matters, regulatory issues, and privacy/security by design
- Depending on seniority, serve as the company’s Chief Privacy Officer
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes and corporate governance.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of a state bar (CA and NY preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience (law firm and in house)
- Strong data protection and privacy experience, in depth knowledge of the GDPR, ePD, CCPA, CPRA, COPPA, VPPA, and other statutes
- Product counseling in a technology company preferred
- Ability to design and implement privacy compliance programs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
- Sense of humor preferred
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈