Senior Compliance Manager
5 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Role: Senior Compliance Manager (with Data Protection Practitioner Experience)
Salary Range: £55,000 - £65,000
Reports into the COO
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
No. More. Paper. Receipts!
At Flux, we think it's insane that paper receipts still exist when the rest of the payment process is digital. Paper receipts are non-recyclable, consume oil, trees, and water, and they don’t fit into the digital lifestyle that we currently have - so we’re on a mission to eradicate them once and for all.
We work with banks and retailers across the UK to create digital receipts that are delivered straight into your banking app. We’re looking for an ambitious and conscientious Senior Compliance Manager to help manage the day to day running of a compliance function and take the lead on process improvement initiatives. We would also like this role to include interim Data Protection Officer responsibilities too.
Please note that this role will be to take over an existing role. In the near future, we have plans to split this role further to better spread out projects. In the longer term, the world is your oyster! As an early hire you will have the opportunity to define and grow your own role. We’re passionate about making Flux an incredible place to work and see your role as a crucial part of that journey.
What you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with the COO to translate a wide range of business needs into compliance strategy to improve the day to day running of compliance function
- Be a genuine self starter who is confident to make decisions in the face of the unknown. As a small team, there will not be as much supervision and oversight compared to a traditional corporate. Sometimes you have to just roll with the punches!
- Run day to day BAU compliance tasks such as bank and retailer onboarding, employee onboarding and management of company policies as required
- Act as the Data Protection Officer accountable to the ICO on behalf of Flux on an interim basis
- Act as the responsibly party in relation to regulatory adherence to the FCA as Flux is a registered AISP
- Manage projects to continuously improve effectiveness of the compliance function.
- Plan and take action to uphold our preexisting certifications (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials etc)
- Work cross functionally with Sales, People, Engineering and Finance
Tools we use:
- We make extensive use of contract management software such as Juro and Docusign
- We use Slack, Notion and Trello to manage communication and work
- MacOS, MS Office and Google Suite
- We are open to adopting new tools and technologies to further enhance our effectiveness
What success looks like in 6 months time
- Getting up to speed with day to day compliance processes and being able to run them independently
- Mastering the unique challenges that exist for a company looking to marry the digital banking world and the retail world
- Support our sales functions to ensure contracting goes as efficiently as possible
- Manage data protection queries from both internal and external partners.
- Able to define OKRs and longer term strategies to help Flux be better than it is today
At Flux, we walk the walk when it comes to collaboration, transparency and respect for others. Being able to bring your authentic self is paramount to our collective success. Our Thursday afternoon meetings and monthly learning sessions are an amazing opportunity for the team to share the latest from their areas - not just work things but personal things too! This means that you are not just joining the Legal and Compliance team, but will also become an integral part of Flux.
See our Life at Flux video to learn more about working at Flux: https://vimeo.com/302887685
We want to hear from you if
- You have experience being a Data Protection Officer or have worked closely with a DPO and are ready for the next step up to the role
- You have awareness and understanding of the full range of responsibilities that compliance encompasses compliance
- You are passionate about working in a dynamic start up environment
- You are a quick learner that can adapt to this high paced environment and will be ready to make an impact in a matter of days as opposed to months.
- Have impeccable attentional to detail in your written english
- Are eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 visas for this role.
It would amazing if you also have
- A good understanding of the regulatory and compliance requirements of an FCA regulated company
- Experience working on the full range of responsibilities that compliance encompasses compliance
- Experience managing a compliance team and managing direct reports and coaching more junior members of the team to reach their potential
- Experience working in a fast paced start up environment
Our Interview Process
- Application Review
- The application process includes 4 written questions. In these questions we are hoping to see clarity in your written communication, depth of understanding of the role, passion for Flux and how you would deal with a fast paced start up environment.
- Talent Team Review
- This will be a 30min video interview with structured questions to understand how you work in a team and how you work in dynamic situations. In this interview, we are also looking for listening skills, great verbal communication and the your ability to ask the great questions.
- Compliance Interview
- This will be a 1hr interview to go through your specific experience in Compliance with either our current Head of Compliance or the COO
- Take Home Task
- This task will represent a typical challenge that a compliance generalist will need to deal with. We are looking for your ability to deal tactically with the issues at hand but also strategically.
- A slack channel will be opened to answer any questions you may have. The reviewers will be in this channel and will be happy to answer your questions.
- Feel free to let us know the timeframe by which you can complete this task. We typically offer a week as a starting point but we do not want to add any unnecessary time pressure for you!
- Leadership Interview
- This will be a 45min interview. For the first 15mins we would like you to prepare some questions to ask our founders any questions you have about Flux.
- The remaining 30mins will be to continue the conversation to better understand you as a candidate.
- £55k to £65k + 0.10% EMI share options
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days) - we encourage everyone to use their allowance!
- Macbook Pro and additional tech set up
- Nest Pensions Scheme
- Optional use of a central London office in Aldgate East with a selection of drinks and snacks!
- A dog friendly environment
- Optional remote working. There is no expectation for you to work from the office and you are welcome to choose when you would like to work in the office. This policy will run until the end of 2020 for now, however we will review and extend if it employees find it to be a good policy.
- £500 a year personal and professional development fund. This increases to £2,000 once additional funding is achieved (expected early 2021)
- Join the Flux Club! £25/month spending money at current Flux retailers including Just Eat and KFC. This increases to £100/month once additional funding is achieved (expected early 2021)
- Working in the office is currently limited to 14 people per day due to social distancing rules
In person socials are currently on hold, however when it is safe to do so, we will be resuming our regular socials calendar including the Flux Weekend away!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈