Senior Billing & Cash Collection Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: France or UK
Category: Finance / Legal
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Senior Billing & Cash Collection Manager, as part of the central Finance team, to manage all billing and cash collection activities relating to our French parent company as well as its foreign subsidiaries in the UK and US.
You will be an experienced Billing Manager with a strategic, organized and systematic approach to managing complexity and applying rigorous processes to invoicing and collecting payment for an evolving and varied business encompassing B2C, B2B and B2G - social and grant - contracts. You will have the interpersonal skills, drive and the experience to skillfully manage the team of three billing administrators in France, and be willing to actively roll up your sleeves and participate in the team effort to eliminate the backlog and stay ahead. You will be skilled at managing customer relationships and be a results-oriented problem-solver, fluent in French and English, our two business languages.
Finance is the backbone of the business and in this role, as part of the Finance team, you will be required to understand and interact with all areas of the Company to deliver great service to our internal and external stakeholders, in the context of a rapidly scaling-up business.
The successful candidate will be based in France or the UK and it can be a remote or office-based (in Paris or London) position.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage the Billing & Cash Collection team (currently 3 people)
- Improve and standardise processes and practices across functions (accounting, sales, operations, support, legal)
- Ensure billing processes for different contracts/customers are documented clearly at outset and that documentation is closely followed
- Be responsible for the prompt and accurate invoicing of all the services of the company (B2C, B2B and B2G), in France as well as internationally (US and UK)
- Ensure that transaction fees are invoiced in a timely manner
- Review billing and contracts' Terms and Conditions
- Manage and resolve invoice queries
- Provide reports and records of raised invoices
- Manage the Credit Control function and optimize the collection of invoices to drive increased cash flow and working capital performance
- Work collaboratively with the Accounting function for Accounts Receivable management
- Provide monthly cash collection forecast
- Work closely with sales operations to ensure Terms and Conditions are complied with
- Maximise efficiencies through leveraging enabling technologies to automate billing where possible and maintain a high-performance culture
- Excellent data entry and analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Previous management experience and track record of delivering good billing & collection results and service
- Strong investigative skills
- Systems and process lead approach
- Experience in Salesforce & Sofacto a clear advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills In fluent English and French (C1 level)
- Competency in Excel and familiarity with Netsuite a plus
- Knowledge of or interest in the professional education sector desirable
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience of working in billing & collections department(s) including at least 2 years as a manager
- Relevant academic or professional qualification
Reports to V.P. Finance
The journey starts with a phone interview with an HR team member.
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- VP Finance
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business exercise or case study) to be done at home or at the office
- Language test (English or French depending) to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager
- 2 peers from teams across the organization to discuss Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms
- Meet with CFO
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references’ contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Remote working encouraged for employees based in FR or UK
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Free access to gym In France (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited time off and a €1,000 bonus once a year for 15+ consecutive days off
- A company laptop
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: France or UK.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈