(Senior) Accounting Specialist
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Senior Accounting Specialist
Remote Position, Home-Based; Full-Time.
Only open to candidates who reside in Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming or Kansas.
LedgerGurus is a virtual, outsourced accounting firm headquartered in Utah providing full-service accounting to growing businesses. We provide each client with an accounting team to do bookkeeping, payroll, invoicing, bill payments, budgeting, financial analysis, etc, with specialty accounting services for eCommerce companies. We provide growing businesses with relief from accounting headaches and help them be successful. We believe in job flexibility and provide employees an opportunity to apply their expertise without going into an office. Remote work is awesome if you like to create your own work space, are self-driven, and love focus and productivity.
A Senior Accounting Specialist will work on one of our specialized teams. They will receive the training for the specific team they are placed on and will then be expected to work efficiently and accurately. They will work with the Team Lead to communicate accurate information to the client and will troubleshoot any problems that arise while creating processes as the team expands.
Experience and skills in the areas we need are ideal, but someone who is committed, professional, technology-savvy, and constantly learning will be a top candidate regardless of experience.
- Meet deliverable deadlines for all assigned clients.
- Seek to improve individual and team processes where applicable by sharing knowledge and looking for process improvements.
- Help create training and documentation for other team members.
- Respond in a timely, professional manner to clients and client team questions and requests.
- Work with monthly reports and journal entries, often through QuickBooks Online .
- Understand and create custom reports or analyses specific to client needs.
- Educate client on specific accounting functions and processes.
- Meet often for video conference meetings with fellow team members when needed.
- Communicates comfortably with clients.
- Take initiative to find solutions and mentor other team members.
Availability and Hours:
- All LedgerGurus employees work remotely from home (always have, always will).
- Accounting Specialists need to be available during core business hours (9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday) for a portion of their regular, weekly work hours.
Skills and Abilities:
- Works with honesty and integrity .
- Experience with accounting software.
- Experience with Excel or other spreadsheets to apply formulas, sorting and filtering data, and using pivot tables. Ability to manipulate data.
- Accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Takes accountability and responsibility for deliverables.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Foundational computer and Microsoft Office suite knowledge.
- Can easily learn new software applications and comfortably work around with.
- Minimum 45 WPM typing speed.
- Manages time effectively and deadline driven, especially in a remote working environment.
- Able to meet deadlines while working independently.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with eCommerce businesses and\or accounting.
- Experience with TaxJar or Taxify, Shopify, Amazon, PayPal, Stripe, Square, eBay, WooCommerce, Walmart, Wayfair, Etsy, etc.
- Passion to learn eCommerce accounting.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years professional office experience
- Preferred: Experience in an accounting-related position; experience with eCommerce companies.
- Plus: Accounting or Finance Degree
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈