(Senior) Accounting Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
- Oversee and provide support on daily, weekly, and monthly financial closes via preparation & review of JEs and reviewing reconciliations
- Own monthly close process with continuous improvements
- Manage junior & senior accountants & be a mentor and leader to internal and external accounting team by providing guidance, support and training
- Develop and standardize accounting & operational policies and procedures, with a focus on continuous improvement and streamlining systems towards automation and good financial controls
- Establish and deploy AP and AR best practices by partnering with Senior Accountant(s) on process enhancements
- Manage the preparation and filing of corporate tax returns and other statutory, compliance filings in collaboration with external firms
- Lead annual financial audit and reporting by Big 4 Audit firm
- Ensure technical accounting assessments are performed based on most recent GAAP pronouncements
- Accounting expert. You’ve spent 5+ years in accounting roles progressing toward Controllership and ideally with some of that time in a startup environment; you’re excited about building the processes and people to scale the accounting team, and by extension Trusted’s business overall.
- High integrity. You never cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence. You’d rather do what is right, rather than what is easy.
- Analytical. You’re a skilled financial modeler and analyst, comfortable diving deep into details but also able to communicate complex/technical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Fast learner. Ok, so maybe you haven't done 100% of the list above, but you’re excited about picking up new things and you’re happy when learning new skills and tackling new challenges. You’re a self-starter and if provided with the right direction you’ll figure out how to get to the destination.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance/controllership role in a fast-paced startup environment or equivalent experience in private industry
- CPA required
- Advanced Excel/Data management skills
- Deep understanding of current US GAAP standards and ASC 606 and reporting requirements
- Strong technical accounting and Big4 audit experience
- Experience with NetSuite, Guru, and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, ADP, gSuite Apps (Google drive, etc), Box, or similar platforms is a plus
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation & sick time and flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- Employer sponsored 401k
- Remote worker reimbursement for home office or co-working space
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈