1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Finance / Legal
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Senior Accountant? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 4-6 years of industry experience to join our amazing Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company - you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
Having recently announced our merger with Staffbase and the recent Series D funding round, we’re looking for an analytical, detail-oriented, and driven accountant to support our next phase of growth. You will play a critical role in developing best-in-class and scalable financial processes and controls as our two companies integrate over this upcoming year. You will be supporting the record-to-report process as well as managing North American tax compliance matters. This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational member of a growing Finance team.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
- Design and implement financial controls, policies, and processes to support a growing global SaaS company
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements under IFRS for reporting and forecasting purposes
- Review balance sheet schedules and accounting records for completeness and accuracy as part of facilitating efficient and accurate month-end closes
- Reconcile monthly deferred revenue balance and subscription revenues by reviewing billings and collections as well as recalculating recognized revenue under generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist in the implementation and integration of new financial systems, including but not limited to a new ERP and a new billing & subscription management tool
- Lead tax compliance matters related to the filing of corporate income tax, US state sales tax, and Canadian GST/HST & PST
- Optimize sales tax collection, reporting, and remittance processes while regularly monitoring US sales tax nexus thresholds for emerging compliance requirements
- Provide leadership in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and prepare financial information and recommendations for management
- Provide coaching and recommendations to team members in the topics of accounting, tax, treasury, and financial best practices
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- CPA or equivalent
- Proficient in IFRS or US GAAP
- US tax compliance experience
- Experience using Workday, Netsuite, or a similar ERP
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines
- Process-driven and detail-oriented to ensure that analysis is prepared in a complete, accurate, and timely manner
- Experience working within the finance team of a Software as a Service company is a plus
- Big 4 public practice experience is a plus
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing, or even something in between, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equitably in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equitable access and opportunity to succeed.
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈