2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 600 cities.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for guiding a team of Accountants in the application of accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
As a key member of the financial team, this position will lead the financial reporting process, prepare and review schedules, journal entries, and perform account reconciliations. Maintain fixed asset depreciation schedule for book and tax reporting. Assist with compiling and organizing data required for budget and audits. Perform special projects as directed by the Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the development and daily duties of Accountants to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and review journal entries for month end financials.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts ensuring proper documentation to support account balances.
- Prepare, analyze, and reconcile month end accruals.
- Ensure that all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist with gathering the data required for completion of the annual budget.
- Assist in maintaining schedules required for completion of external audits.
- Research departmental expenditures when inquiries are made by management.
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll processes when necessary.
- Track fixed and intangible assets and prepaid assets, record depreciation and amortization as appropriate.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation or CPA candidate required
- A minimum of 2-4 years' experience is required
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must possess high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Must possess excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to work within a collaborative team environment
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈