1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Requis is a young technology Supply Chain platform driving the digital transformation of global enterprise supply chains. Through the development of its supply chain and commerce platform and its regarded thought leadership, as well as through publishing thought leadership content via blog, podcasts, and a variety of other media channels, Requis plans to catalyze the transformation of the Supply Chain into its next evolutionary state, the “value network”.
Senior Accountant position
This position is remote but must be based in the Boston, MA area. In person meetings with the CFO in Boston will occur when applicable.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Accountant who will independently supervise general accounting operations and control our financial transactions. Your responsibilities will also include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, and ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all company's accounting tasks. The right candidate must be an energetic professional with excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills and able to take direction and think on their own. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow within an organization and become a valued member of our team.
We expect you to possess both excellent analytical skills and an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles to efficiently analyze financial reports and forecasts. You should also have experience in managing accountants and junior staff.
Senior Accountant responsibilities are:
- Review and manage accounts payable and receivable. This includes invoicing as required.
- Month end close and financial statement preparation
- Revenue recognition including SaaS revenue recognition
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Supervise accounting assistants as needed
- Take part in forecasting and budgeting exercises as needed
- Support tax audits (both internal and external) and tax returns
- Assist with multi State Sales and Local use tax and global sales tax including filing returns.
- Assist with Payroll
- Support business processes and accounting policies and prepare corresponding documentation
- Ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements
Senior Accountant requirements are:
- 5 years' experience of working as an Accountant / Senior Accountant
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- QuickBooks and Salesforce experience required
- Excellent knowledge of financial statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must as well as proficiency in MS Office. (Vlookups, Pivot table experience is mandatory)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with accuracy and attention to detail
- BA or BS degree in Accounting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈