1 week ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
MillerMusmar is an award-winning CPA firm located in Reston, VA that provides accounting, tax and assurance services. We provide outsourced accounting to a wide range of Government Contracting companies and are seeking Senior Accountants with a strong background in government contract accounting. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the commitment and passion to provide exceptional client service to our growing client base. This position is 80-100% remote.
This position is a great alternative to the typical accounting, tax and audit positions particularly if you enjoy client service, continuous learning, and a great team to work with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
- Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Develops and maintains Contact Pricing, Indirect Labor Rate management, Cost Pool Management.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client's accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
- Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year- end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assists in preparation of the client's year-end 1099 submissions.
- Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Interacts with client regularly.
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Reviews and supervises staff accountant's monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
- Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- Utmost discretion, strong ethics
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the government contractor accounting field
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Strong understanding of Federal Government Contract Compliance Regulations found in the FAR, CAS, etc.
- Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
- Understanding of government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
Optional Desired Skills:
- CPA license preferred
- Unanet Accounting System
- QuickBooks Accounting System
- Deltek Costpoint Accounting System
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Positive Pay
- Experience with Concur or similar system
- Supervisory experience
MillerMusmar CPAs has been providing quality client services for over 25 years. We are a trusted advisor to clients working in a variety of industries and our average client relationship lasts more than 10 years, a testament to our longstanding tradition of providing financial solutions that work alongside excellent customer service. Our clients include:
- Government Contractors
- Businesses (Domestic and International)
- Nonprofits and Associations
- Individuals (Residents, Foreign Nationals, and Expatriates)
We were awarded one of the Top Accounting Firms to work for by the Washington Business Journal as well as a Great Place to Work in 2018 and 2019. Apply today to join an amazing firm with a great team!
Please respond with a copy of your resume as well as a cover letter. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈