2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who wants to work in a startup environment and be responsible for the day-to-day Accounting transactions. This is a great opportunity to work with a friendly and fun Finance team with visibility to the CFO.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including cash, accounts receivable, prepaids, fixed assets, accounts payable, and accrued liabilities
- Execute the monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries, bank reconciliations, account analyses, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Perform full-cycle Accounts Payable function, including the recording of invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals, and payment requests
- Work with various departments to ensure that all the expenses are accounted for
- Review, reconcile and process payment of employee expense reports and company credit cards using Expensify. Confirm claimed expenses are in compliance with company policies, record reports to the ledger
- Manage the fixed assets area including reviewing the fixed asset transactions and fixed assets schedules, preparing quarterly fixed assets roll forward and ensuring fixed assets are tagged and accounted for consistent with corporate policy
- Manage payroll cycle including communication with HR team about paid salaries and bonuses, creating journal entries based on payroll reports from Human Resources management software
- Responsible for the reconciling prepaid and accrual accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare 1099, assist in the filing of annual franchise tax, statement of information, and San Francisco business taxes
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Create and provide data and/or analytics reports as requested
- Assist in the implementation of a new accounting/ERP system
- Perform special projects and varied tasks as needed. The candidate’s role will evolve with added responsibilities, including other reports and analysis.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in progressive accounting functions including general ledger accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Ownership of specific month-end duties
- NetSuite, Bill.com and Expensify experience a plus
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks, be detail-oriented, committed to high quality, and have the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP required
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment
- Preference for location in SF or remote West Coast
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Fitness/Wellness Discount through ClassPass
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈