Revenue Cycle Manager
Brooklyn Minds Psychiatry
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
About Brooklyn Minds
First, do good. We live and breathe that - with our patients, our team and those we work with outside our family. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, the US is currently battling a mental health epidemic, with one in five Americans struggling with mental illness in one form or another. Brooklyn Minds makes a big difference in the daily lives of our patients through our collaborative approach, being at the forefront of care, and providing customized and comprehensive mental health care to individuals and families across the lifespan. But we aren't stopping there. We have even bigger plans in mind, and if you have what it takes, you can help us solve a lot of pressing problems. Come and do good with us.
We're seeking someone with experience navigating the world of insurance reimbursements and healthcare billing. This is a remote position serving multiple locations.
- Review and improve upon recent implementation and set up or our new revenue cycle management system (Practice Suite)
- Manage our third party RCM billing vendor.
- Owns end to end revenue cycle workflows including:
- Efficient procedures, policies and processes and related manualization
- Documentation and coding (optimizing codes currently billed, expertise in mental health Fee-for-service billing, IOP billing and telehealth codes, interest in value based care payment models)
- Private pay collections and payer claims submission and management
- Denials and A/R management
- Collections, payment posting and cash reconciliation process
- Reporting and metrics
- Continuously work to identify areas of improvement and develop processes and documentation in the Company's revenue cycle
- Develops Revenue Cycle-specific policies in regards to: RCM patient policies, payer follow-up, appeals, write-offs, rejected claims etc.
- Build out reporting for revenue cycle KPIs, including claim denial rates, claim write-offs, charge lag, time to cash, etc.
- Project manages the entire Revenue Cycle function, setting up new payment structures as we expand our program offerings and number of clinics
- Owns the entire life-cycle of billing for a new and existing patients workflow, from understanding new patient navigation to patient private pay, payer integration, health plans, and pilot partners and representing the company as the Revenue Cycle subject matter expert
- Manages workflows of new and discharging patient navigation in order to properly submit claims or private pay collection, monitoring initial claim processing, automating submission and reporting to leadership on revenues and collections.
- Communicates cross-functionally with the Marketing, Operations, Clinical and other departments on the RCM process and workflow to ensure that patient requirements are being fulfilled and escalating any claims issues that arise with specific accounts
- Partner with the Software Development and Operations teams and third party RCM company and vendors to continue to introduce automation to our claims billing processes, to build & scale service opportunities, improve billing and reimbursement-specific requirements and troubleshooting claim and revenue issues.
- Train and educate team members on RCM best practices and industry benchmarks to improve Revenue Cycle metrics and build team accountability around following up on unpaid claims with carriers on a regular cadence
- Manage and develop billing and finance team.
- Passion for helping and advocating for patients so that they can receive needed mental health care
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to achieve results even when faced with roadblocks (and know how to ask for help when it's needed).
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to problem-identify and pre-solve.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently within the context of the big mission of the company.
- Ability to work within a team and manage highly confidential information.
- At least 4 years of experience in healthcare provider revenue cycle, of which at least 1 year is in behavioral healthcare revenue cycle
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in Revenue Cycle processes: private pay, billing, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and collections and cash management
- Fundamental knowledge of revenue integrity (i.e. CPT and ICD-10 coding) and documentation requirements for billing and compliance
- Knowledge of payor policies, payor plans and processes related to coding and claims billing
- Expertise with private pay, fee for service billing/coding & telehealth coding/billing.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Persistence when working/communicating with payers
- Experience working cross-functionally with different teams
- Experience project managing internal projects
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Degree in accounting, finance or business preferred, but not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, high output environment.
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (flexibility on exact hours but should be consistent with when insurance companies are open)
Salary & Benefits
- $60K-70K annually, depending on market range and experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Financial Savings Account (FSA)
- Vacation and sick time, plus paid volunteer time off
- You'll work alongside very dedicated, intelligent, high output colleagues who are here to do good with you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈