Research Integrity Auditor
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
As Frontiers continues to grow, we are committed to maintaining quality at scale in our publication output. To meet this commitment, we are expanding our research integrity team and introducing this new role as a fantastic opportunity that will offer the successful candidate to have a direct impact on the Ethical standards in Scientific Publishing.
As a Research Integrity Auditor, you will be supporting our Research Integrity team by thoroughly and consistently investigating escalated cases across all of our portfolios. You will be presenting high level overviews of these cases with a suggested course of action to the Head of Research Integrity, the Director of Publishing Operations and Frontiers Leadership Team.
- Spotting potential issues and patterns at an early stage and preventing them from escalation;
- Providing proactive recommendations to prevent issues from happening (looking at processes, SOPs, public pages, etc..);
- Auditing current pipelines and journals to anticipate potential issues;
- Investigating escalated cases: assessing manuscripts, editors, reviewers and authors involved;
- Assessing the urgency of the situation and escalating to Senior management
- Liaising with Research Integrity Managers & Specialists during investigation to gather the information and keeping them informed of the measures to implement;
- Presenting the outcome of the investigation to Senior management with a proposed course of action;
- Delivering training to the Research Integrity Team and sharing knowledge;
- Conducting Industry analysis and following market trends;
- Building and managing the team of Auditor Specialists by providing guidance, continuous training and feedback;
- Regular reporting to the Executive Editor and escalation of issues posing legal or reputational risks to Frontiers.
- Extensive experience in Research Integrity or dealing with ethical issues in scientific publishing
- Educated to PhD level
- You are a fluent English speaker (C2 level)
- Knowledge of Salesforce and expertise in Excel
- Impactful communication when delivering presentations
- You have a methodical and structured thought-process when assessing and making decisions.
- Solution orientated with a proactive, preventative approach
- The ability to provide a big picture overview while providing specific details when necessary and requested.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy with the ability to manage expectations, get information from internal and external stakeholders without damaging the relationships.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and CV
- The indication of your earliest availability
- You will need to provide a strategic business plan for your first 100 days in role. (power point)
Application deadline: 20th of April, 2021
What we Offer
With over 35 nationalities across our offices in London, Lausanne, Madrid, Seattle and Beijing, you can certainly say that we are a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors and authors from across the globe.
Our Lausanne HQ (designed for us) is spread over 3 floors, including a large canteen with a Foosball table and a multi-purpose room used for regular free yoga classes. Our other offices are hosted at WeWork and include communal spaces with coffee bars and activities all week. We are very socially active and organize lots of fun activities, ranging from happy hours, parties, sports events and much more.
- 25 days holidays + Office Closure over the Christmas period
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- We offer a flexible working framework, and support Remote Working opportunities across the United Kingdom.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈