1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK & EU only
Category: Finance / Legal
- Drive all UK/EU regulatory strategy for banking, money transmitter, commodity derivatives and securities regulation in the crypto industry for Kraken’s spot, OTC and benchmarks products
- Advise management and the board on the day-to-day operations, corporate governance requirements and regulatory requirements of Kraken’s market-leading UK Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF)
- Advise Kraken globally on GDPR and local privacy laws both in and outside of the UK and EU
- Advocate for better crypto policy before UK and EU financial services regulators
- Oversee UK/EU legislative advocacy and policy efforts
- Oversee and streamline internal regulated processes for Kraken Futures in close consultation with the compliance team
- Act as product counsel to guide new product ideation and creation in situ with the product and strategy teams
- Demonstrated passion for crypto
- A proactive, entrepreneurial mindset
- An opportunity-making attitude, using the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
- At least six years of relevant experience applying banking, money transmitter, securities and derivatives laws, whether in-house or at a top law firm
- Admission to practice law in the UK or an EU member state
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK & EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈