Payroll Staff Accountant
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Have you ever wanted disrupt a 70bn industry and be a key member of a fully integrated consumer business supported by a supply chain that stretches from the US to Europe and across the Southern Hemisphere? Do you fancy a deep-dive into the intricate details of accountancy while maintaining the nimbleness of a data-driven, digital company? Are you keen to help a young, fast-growing company continue to evolve into a world-class, employer of choice? Well, then, come say hi!
Firstleaf/Penrose Hill is looking for an organized and motivated person who strives for excellent customer service and has a strong eye for detail to manage our payroll as well as supporting our accounting manager and controller in various areas. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a must. We are a fast-growing company, which is location agnostic and flexible work hours with change being the norm. It is important that you are able to work independently and are a self-starter.
The Finance team is the backbone of Penrose Hill. You’ll collaborate with all teams, helping to ensure that there are no financial or legal roadblocks to producing and selling great wines to our members.
Some of the initial challenges you will find:
- Manage all aspects of semi-monthly payroll processing from start to finish, partnering with People Operations
- Work with our payroll tax vendor to meet tax filing and remittance obligations, file amendments, register in new states, and resolve tax notices timely
- Identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies that support company growth and evolving business needs
- 5+ years of experience processing multistate payroll
- Strong multistate tax knowledge across a wide range of earnings and benefits
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google Sheet skills
- Deep understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complex department structure
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Experience supporting internal and external audits
- Excellent problem-solving skills and judgment
- Experience working with Zenefits, NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Custom report development on online payroll platforms
- CPA license
- Accounting experience (journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations)
- Work experience in the wine or consumer packaged goods industry preferred
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough?
Seriously though, we offer remote work, and a location agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package with bonus and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts. life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club, Firstleaf.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈