1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Finance / Legal
LiveCA LLP is Canada’s largest online Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm serving customers in every province. We’re a 70-person remote team that works closely together through online tools like Slack and Zoom.
We’re a customer service firm first and an accounting firm second. We’re incredibly focused on serving our customers and what matters to us is not the cut of your suit but how you approach problems, offer solutions, and contribute to the team. We don’t believe in billing by the hour (or even tracking them) and expect that everyone will contribute to providing value to our clients.
As a full-time Payroll Specialist, you’ll be an essential part of our team by ensuring that our customers’ payroll is administered and processed properly and on time.
About the Role
- Payroll - You’ll support our customers by performing weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll administration and processing. You’ll calculate and verify earnings, and process appropriate deductions and withholdings in popular online payroll packages (Wagepoint, Payworks, Rise, SimplePay, ADP, Ceridian). You’ll also process new hires, salary changes, terminations (ROEs), EHT, WSIB, RRSP, and other payroll-related items.
- Professional Judgement - You’ll use your experience and research skills to help answer tricky payroll eligibility and compliance-related questions.
- Support - You’ll quickly learn the payroll systems we use on a daily basis to offer high-quality support to both our customers and our team. You’ll also be responsible for our payroll helpdesk system on a daily basis.
- HR Systems - As our customers grow, so do their needs for HR management. You’ll help select and implement various HR systems. Tools we use now include Humi, Collage, Bamboo, and Rise.
- Documentation - You’ll develop, enhance, and review both internal and external payroll documentation so everyone is kept in the loop.
- Future Mentor - There’s room to grow in this role. We hope you’ll want to act as a mentor to new team members and continue to be an integral part of process and workflow improvements at the firm.
- Experience - experience with Quebec and US payroll and legislation is considered an asset but is not required.
- Accountable - You don’t shy away from accountability. You like to get your hands dirty to get things done and take full responsibility to ensure quality of work is high and deadlines are met.
- Personable - You’re personable and have great communication skills. Your writing is clear and concise, but not robotic.
- Quick Learner - You’re driven to learn as much as possible and take pride in finding a solution.
- Techy - You know your way around a computer and enjoy researching and learning new applications.
- Experience - You’ve processed payroll for at least two years and have some experience with the Ontario Employment Standards Act
- Independent - You’re comfortable working from home. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment (although we’re only a Slack message away).
- Certification - A Canadian Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation would be an asset, but is not required.
*These are written on a lot of job ads, and we've organized them in order of importance to us.
Working at LiveCA
- Keep learning forever - We hold team video calls and provide immediate feedback to ensure we’re always learning from one another.
- Be treated right - We understand the best work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here.
- Remote friendly - Want to head out on an adventure? Grab your laptop and head off on a workation - just make sure to take some pictures!
- Excellent benefits - Our generous benefits package covers everything from dental to massages. You shouldn't spend any time worrying about essential medical costs. It's covered.
- New computer - You'll get a Macbook and all the tech accessories needed for a home office.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈