2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Olive’s AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare’s most burdensome issues -- delivering hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and effective. Olive’s vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Olive is hiring a Payroll Manager to help support our massive growth. We are looking for someone to install systems and processes for us in order to be a financially data driven company. Successful candidates will have experience processing and managing payroll in all 50 states, and be capable and aware to research and adjudicate any potential payroll issues. The ideal candidate will also have experience creating, documenting and implementing formal processes, and will also have experience implementing new payroll/HRIS systems. This position reports directly to the Controller, with extensive cross-functional collaboration with HR.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; managing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/division transfers
- Work with HR to ensure proper payroll calculation and processing for large new hire classes, ad-hoc raise cycles and regular bonus/commission cycles
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from employees as well as HR and Leadership
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Perform additional special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in payroll, accounting, or a similar role
- Experience in payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite; additional system knowledge a plus
- In-depth understanding of payroll procedures, laws, taxes, and best practices
- Precise attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈