2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
VitalHire is looking for a Part-time Payroll Coordinator to process payroll transactions in our company. Payroll coordinator responsibilities include processing timesheets, updating payroll records and answering employee questions about payments. Ultimately, you’ll ensure employees are compensated correctly and on time. If you have great attention to detail and outstanding analytical and numerical skills, we’d like to meet you.
Hours are: 9AM-2PM Monday-Friday Eastern Time. Applicant must be located within the United States and available during these hours.
This is a remote work position, so the ideal candidate must be able to work from home, have your own computer and phone set up in a distraction-free environment. Computer/Internet Stipend will be provided with requirement of strong Internet connection.
VitalHire is a family-owned and operated, boutique healthcare staffing company. We employ healthcare professionals on contract assignments. All of our employees are W2. We are expanding our operations to provide more travel professionals. While not required, if you have experience with travel nursing, please let us know!
- Collect weekly timesheets, perform QC, and correct for mathematical errors
- Pdf Timesheets for billing
- Data entry of weekly payroll into GUSTO
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Complete I9 verifications and e-Verify
- Coordinate with HR and recruiters about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
- Oversee electronic payments and answer employee questions
- Update data with salary or wage adjustments
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. bonuses, stipends, reimbursements)
- Handle benefit expenses, like insurance fees or paid leave
- Produce reports to upper management upon request
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries and payments
- Unemployment and claim management
- Handle employment verification requests for dates worked
- Manage garnishments and reporting
- Weekly payroll reporting to workers compensation
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and how to to edit pdfs.
- Proven experience as a payroll coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with payroll processes
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll systems. We currently use Gusto.
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- An analytical mind with good math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- You will be answering employee questions, so you must be outgoing and personable
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or mathematical emphasis or demonstrable experience as a payroll specialist.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈