Payroll & Benefits Specialist
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Finance / Legal
- Your manager and coworkers are caring, collaborative, and proactive.
- Your growth is being supported by hands-on learning.
- Your team cares about the right things. We've built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- You'll be helping us accelerate. Check out some of our recent growth achievements.
- You'll gain experience in a niche field.
- Your diversity is valued. This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada or those aspiring to do so who can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that).
- Working 40 hours a week remotely as part of our Finance team reporting to the VP, Finance (you need at least 4 hours overlap with Vancouver timezone).
- Collecting, maintaining and, and processing payroll and benefits information in our HRIS, payroll software, and vendor tools.
- Preparing and processing pay for our employees and contractors with accuracy and timeliness, including calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, and other pay-related items each pay period in line with our deadlines.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential records of payroll transaction documentation and reports in line with our teams' needs and our internal controls.
- Enrolling and onboarding employees to our benefits, ensuring they're well-informed about the various offerings.
- Responding to payroll and benefits inquiries from our team with a positive customer-service attitude.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliation.
- Collaborating with the Finance team to ensure timely transfer of accurate and complete financial information
- Working closely with our HR team to collaborate on HR/Finance tasks, such as onboarding and offboarding new employees, annual salary survey support, and internal request management for changes to pay, ensuring benefits and policies are compliant.
- Liaising with payroll, benefits, and other finance vendors as directed
- 3+ years in hands-on payroll position in a small to medium-sized Canadian business environment
- Familiarity with cloud payroll systems, such as ADP, SimplePay, etc
- Extremely proficient with Excel/Google sheets
- Familiarity with cloud bookkeeping tools (such Xero, Quickbooks, etc), ERP systems,
- Possessing or pursuing a degree or certificate in Finance, Accounting, Bookkeeping or other related fields
- Possessing or pursuing (or interested in pursuing) Canadian Payroll Association certifications.
- Able to handle confidential information with good judgment and sensitivity
- Exceptional attention to detail and good recall memory
- Curious, learning mindset and open to challenges
- Master-level project, time-management, and organization skills
- Solutions-oriented problem solving, with practiced customer service skills
- Strong sense of accountability and analytical thinking
- Reliable, good communication skills, and prioritization ability
- Close alignment with our Core Values
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈