Payroll Automation Lead
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Finance / Legal
With so many companies transitioning to remote work, we are growing quickly and require a well rounded Payroll expert with experience in automating the function to join the team.
You’ll be our Payroll Automation Lead reporting into the Head of Finance and will be integral to the architecture of our core product.
You will have international payroll experience with an in-depth awareness of the data points required to complete accurate payroll globally. You will also have experience automating the payroll function through collaboration with product and tech teams.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
The key thing here is that we are a Series A rapidly growing startup and this is a great opportunity to contribute to the development and scalability of our product. You will be responsible for identifying ways to automate payroll in a scalable manner and you’ll work closely with our Product team to deliver this. In addition, you will lead the Payroll team at Omnipresent and ensure that we continue to provide complete and accurate payroll and invoicing to our clients and their employees. Which, to be clear looks like this:
- Identify options to automate payroll using the Omnipresent platform.
- Present your findings and recommendation to the Head of Finance.
- Collaborate with our Product team to incorporate your recommendation into the product roadmap.
- Work with our Payments & Fintech specialist to ensure your recommended approach integrates with our payments solution.
- Test and monitor progress of payroll automation development in line with the product roadmap.
- With support from our Global Payroll Manager, ensure complete and accurate payroll for all Omnipresent and client employees globally.
- Ensure accurate customer invoicing and all processes associated are efficient and scalable.
- Lead the Payroll team at Omnipresent.
- Challenge the status quo of all things payroll at Omnipresent to ensure efficiency and scalability.
You’ve done some of these things...
- At least 5 years’ experience in payroll (ideally across multiple jurisdictions)
- Experience in automation of the payroll function
- Excellent knowledge of state-of-the art international payroll tech solutions
- Dealt with Product/ Tech teams to achieve automation
- Previous management experience
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Experience with Xero advantageous but not essential
You are the sort of person that...
- Loves to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes, identifying and using modern, online solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation, replacing manual human interaction wherever possible.
- Has the ability to communicate financial information to non-finance stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and determination
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world - We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈