Patent Attorney / Patent Agent
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
You went to law school to be a lawyer, and at our firm we treat you like one. From the outset, you will have the opportunity to take on partner-level responsibilities - from being introduced to clients and managing the client relationships to taking ownership of matters from end-to-end. Tasks will include talking to inventors and clients, drafting patent applications, performing patent searches, drafting opinions, and responding to office actions. You will perform substantive and critical work and have many learning opportunities to rapidly upskill.
We care about performing the best quality work, and you will receive training from us in the most cutting-edge legal techniques in patent law, the latest technologies (like AI and the latest developments in biotech), and business development. Our clients are primarily startups, and you will have the opportunity to work with and develop a relationship with exciting new, early-stage companies that are at the forefront of technology. There are no billable hours because we care about the quality of the work product, not how long it took to create it.
You will also work with the latest technological tools that make legal practice easier and less repetitive for lawyers, and you will have the opportunity to provide input to our development team on tools they can build to make your legal practice easier.
Key Result Areas:
- Perform quality legal work in drafting patent applications, responding to office actions, searching, and drafting opinions
- Manage client relationships professionally and confidently
- Develop workflow/process improvements with our software developers to further reduce attorney/agent workload
- Admitted to the Patent Bar
- Strong academic background in the sciences or engineering
- Experience prosecuting patent applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with direct client interaction
- Our strategy is to seek out the best talent and reward high-quality work with commensurate compensation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈