OpenTeams Accounting Clerk
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
OpenTeams is looking to find a full-time remote accounting clerk to join our team of industry-leading data science and engineering professionals. We are an experienced group with BIG dreams so there is a lot of opportunity to grow! We are headquartered in Austin, TX but we are a distributed team so the position can be remote. U.S. Central Time zone friendly preferred.
OpenTeams is the services marketplace where open source software users can find, vet, and contract with service providers. At OpenTeams we believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
The role requires that you are a highly organized, detail-oriented and experienced accounting clerk. You will be assisting the Senior Accountant in maintaining the general ledger and chart of accounts including monthly account balance reconciliation and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Assist with the month-end close
- Process Accounts Payable including expense reports, vendor invoices, and other disbursements.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable customer billing and collections including contract review for relevant financial and payment processing information, preparing timesheet reports, and coordinating review and approval of invoices
- Assist with payroll processing as needed
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed
- Work directly as needed with customers and vendors
- Proficiency with QuickBooks online, Excel and/or Google Sheets required
- Associates Degree, B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance expected but not required if equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years' accounting or bookkeeping experience
- A self-starter with the ability to function autonomously and exercise good time management and organizational skills
- A desire to learn about the tax code and assist in organizing our books to enable efficient end-of-year tax filings.
- Comfortable working for a startup in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- A keen eye for small mistakes and attention to detail
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Financial analysis and reporting experience a plus
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Experience in project accounting a plus
Why you should join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We are a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. OpenTeams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.
We offer competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible paid time off. We offer flexibility in work times and locations. Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.
*You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis*
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈