Maverick Financial Group
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We are conducting a retained search for our client, a Top-Tier National Mortgage Company looking to add an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to their Operations Team in Dallas, TX (Remote OK).
The Role (Principal Responsibilities)
- Reviews of all loan files for adherence to Company guidelines
- Responsible for issuance of all loan approvals, suspensions, and declines.
- Conditions loans in accordance with program and federal requirements; works with the account managers, account executives and broker to ensure all conditions are clear
- Typically does not work directly with the broker or correspondent
- The sole individual responsible for issuance of a file to close
- Responsible for pipeline management to adhere to turn times and compliance requirements
- Coordinates resolution of any auditing deficiencies with Operations Manager and Post-closing Department
The Necessary Qualifications
- 2+ years experience underwriting and in-depth knowledge of mortgage lending audit and credit procedures
- Working knowledge of conventional and government guidelines, as well as, Federal and State compliance requirements
- Maintains professionalism in providing excellent service to our clients
- Able to problem-solve and discuss scenarios for the best overall client experience
- Ability to manage pipeline daily while meeting monthly production and quality goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Fraud Detection
- Manual Jumbo underwriting experience strongly preferred
- Previous Sub-Prime experience preferred but not required
- Wholesale experience a PLUS
The Company (What We Can Offer YOU!):
- Base Pay + Excellent Bonus Structure
- Terrific Company-Matched 401(k) Plan
- Energetic and Spirited Work Environment
- Dedicated, Hard-Working Colleagues
- Cutting-edge Products and Highly Competitive Pricing
Apply today, start your career tomorrow!
We are looking to fill this position ASAP.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈