Manager, Revenue Recognition
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Phreesia is looking for a Manager, Revenue Recognition to join our growing team!
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the company’s revenue recognition function and serve as key member in the revenue recognition vertical to meet the demands of its growing business, ensure compliance with respect to ASU 606, and adhere to strong internal controls for a publicly held company. Reporting to the Director- Revenue Recognition, this position requires a highly motivated individual that has strong accounting, supervisory and analytical skills.
What You'll Do:
- Review revenue contracts for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance to ASC 606
- Review customer invoices and related accounting entries to ensure completeness and accuracy in accordance to the customer contracts
- Research variances in billing and revenue recognition patterns and provide corrections or resolutions to any errors or issues
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements and continually strengthening internal controls
- Prepare, review, and analyze key revenue reports to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Prepare and/or review monthly deferred revenue analyses
- Prepare revenue journal entries and properly document journal entry support in accordance to Sarbanes Oxley
- Provide actual to budget analysis and work closely with senior finance management to answer fluctuation questions
- Work closely with FP&A team to support monthly forecast and semi-annual preparation of budgets
- Assist in the implementation and process design of new Workday ERP system
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Work with external auditors during quarterly reviews, year-end audits and control walk throughs
- Work closely with billing team and advise for best practices as well as stream-line current processes
- Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly financial information reporting
- Work closely with accounting and internal controls team related to implementation of accounting standards and recognition/reporting of complex accounting matters and transactions
What You'll Bring:
- Experience working in revenue recognition in a software (SaaS) company
- CPA required
- 5-8 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a public accounting firm (“Big 4”) or the equivalent of public company experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, and working knowledge of SEC rules and requirements
- Working experience and knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to details
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere and meet internal and external deadlines
- Capable to prioritize workload and perform in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Workday experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends and internet reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to check out our Instagram @PhreesiaCareers and Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhreesiaCareers/
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈