Manager, Portfolio Optimization & Liquidity
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
The Manager of Portfolio Optimization and Liquidity is responsible for balancing the day-to-day liquidity needs of the firm with the long-term strategic business targets. They will have first line responsibility for the liquidity forecast and will partner with Accounting, FP&A, Sales, and Risk to ensure alignment and potential correction measures if needed. Another key project to deliver will be to build a streamlined and scalable Syndication partner desk from the ground up over the next year and own it moving forward.
- Develop a cohesive portfolio strategy that aligns bottom-line profit targets and strategic market growth expectations.
- Manage warehouse line financing, securitization, and other capital markets executions.
- In conjunction with key executives, identify and onboard potential long-term partners within the investor marketplace - integrating their needs within the Treasury workflow
- Work closely with the Anaplan CoE, build out future liquidity and portfolio optimization model suite to ensure rapid adaptation to changes in market conditions
- Distribute weekly liquidity scenario presentation, informed by connected business planning, to executive members and the board.
- Create and execute strategies to enhance returns of the overall business through financing operations.
- Manage the process of refinancing/resizing the multiple financing vehicles.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports to business units and executives
- Grow and develop a support team as portfolio volume and complexity increases
- Actively manage balance sheet growth through optimizing our diverse financing vehicles
Individual and Team Development Responsibilities
- Inspire and create a motivating environment through coaching, mentoring, and enablement
- Provide opportunities to participate in both formal and informal developmental activities
- Collaborate with team to build short- and long-term learning plans
- Encourage open, candid exchange of ideas, and respectful challenges to status quo
- Work with senior leaders and department head, set expectations for all team members and hold employees accountable for results
- Define objectives, identity and evaluate trends and options
- Promptly address performance issues, working with HR as appropriate
- Lead hiring, performance management, compensation, and evaluation of team members
- Collaborate with Kapitus leadership and HR to continually refine and modify career growth and succession plans to meet changing business needs
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of prior experience in financial services, ideally with focus on portfolio management
- 3+ years of experience with asset-backed securitization market or comparable financing vehicles
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field required
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & VBA
- Robust knowledge of financial concepts and business technology
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills as well as a strong sense of accountability
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we can provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
Kapitus helps small and medium business owners make payroll during tough times, scale to meet the demands of changing markets, and making large purchases to scale their operations. As a company of entrepreneurs who help entrepreneurs, we know how important it is for our clients to make investments in people, process, and technology.
That is why we are passionate about making those types of investments at Kapitus. We have spent the past 15 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈