Legal Intern / Werkstudent (m/f/d)
1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: Germany
Category: Finance / Legal
Legal Intern / Werkstudent m/f/d
Please advise: this is a paid part- or full-time opportunity for German law students (Studiengang Staatsexamen) - ideally at our Berlin headquarters but as well fully remote.
At Home our mission is to make housing better for everyone. As our next Legal Intern you'll be an essential enabler for our business operations to run smoothly whilst also re-thinking the structures behind how we let and rent.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn what working as a legal professional is really like in a dynamic and growing tech start-up. Your daily duties will cover a wide range of supporting the team with sound legal advice, carefully reviewing and drafting legal documents, and creating templates and cooperation agreements.
You will be supporting Home's legal team with improving our core workflows and creating new ones as well as proactively handling dispute resolution to prevent litigation. Working with our experienced Legal Counsel Thies, you'll also be in daily contact with our international Marketplace and Product teams and C-level.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals at the second half of their studies with an already solid legal expertise, available for at least 6 weeks and up to 6 months in part-time (20 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week). This is a paid internship opportunity with a competitive salary offer.
What you will be responsible for
- You will enable operations to smoothly run daily business with providing sound and pragmatic legal advice.
- You will support the legal team with building and improving workflows.
- You will review and draft legal documents e.g. contract templates, general terms and conditions, and cooperation agreements.
- You will handle dispute resolution and pro-actively provide the appropriate assistance in legal matters to the team to prevent litigation.
What we need from you
- Currently pursuing German legal studies.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver with an analytical mind.
- You have the highest attention to detail and care about doing things right.
- You have a flexible and positive attitude to comfortably work with in a dynamic environment.
- You have profound knowledge or proven interest in at least 3 of the following areas of law: tenancy, corporate, labour, compliance, contract design or litigation and dispute resolution.
- You are fluent in German as well as English.
- Availability for a minimum of 6 weeks up to 6 months.
Together with our team, you'll be enabling the structures that shape the future of housing. If you know you can help to build on a product experience that gives every customer that same simple and warm sense of home, we would love to hear from you! Simply apply here or send us an email for more information.
For more details on an updated Data Privacy and Protection Policy you can read the German version under our Datenschutzerklärung. An English version will be available soon.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈