2 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp is looking for an exceptional individual who is mission-driven and team-oriented to join our legal team as a Law Clerk for 20-40 hours per week. This position reports to our Managing Counsel and will have a broad range of responsibilities primarily supporting sales. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, business-minded law student. The role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, but also someone who enjoys being part of a supportive team dedicated to providing top legal service to our internal clients so BetterUp can continue to help professionals pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. We are a small, growing legal team handling very high volume. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate our values in every interaction with our internal and external customers.
- Maintain organization of legal files (e.g. indexing, naming, etc.) assist with organizing and ensuring the completeness of the Legal department’s backup repository of executed contracts
- Process contracts (e.g. obtaining signatures, filing, saving, etc.)
- Analyze and track agreed upon contract terms
- Review standard agreements such as NDAs
- Assist with specific projects for procurement, commercial contracts, intellectual property, and privacy
- Researching issues of law and providing reports or memoranda to attorneys
- Testing and implementing new Legal tools within the department
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 2nd or 3rd year law student
- Clear communicator with ability to distill complex issues in a simple manner.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information
- Attention to detail with willingness to ask questions
- Professional maturity to take ownership of various assignments
- Advanced PC skills with expertise in Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, assume responsibility and own your role
- Willingness to learn database management tools
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈