Legal Counsel -IT & Data Protection
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
You will work towards company-wide legal compliance, with a strong focus on German TMG, UWG, the Federal Data Protection Act and the ePrivacy Directive, both internally, as well as externally with our user base. As part of a highly motivated legal department you will be at the center of the company's ability to differentiate and innovate and jointly define success for its clients
- You will advise and support when it comes to the creation and implementation of product features or projects related to our digital business model, Data Governance, Data Protection and Security, considering legal and economic risks.
- You will draft and negotiate contracts, NDAs, DPAs and EU SCCs.
- You will coordinate external lawyers and consultants.
- You will be part of the further development of our Data Protection and Compliance Management System.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor of Laws or 1. States Examination (Staatsexamen).
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a Legal inhouse team or Consulting company, working in a bi/multilingual (German and English being the main languages) business environment.
- You are experienced in eCommerce and Marketing Law as well as implementing Data Protection Law into business processes.
- You have advised and managed legal and operational data protection requirements in IT- or eCommerce related projects, assessing new service providers, advised Product and Engineering departments in the development and implementation of new features etc.
- You keep up to date with the latest internet legislation and are motivated by transferring new regulations into actionable business solutions.
- You are a self-starter and comfortable with taking ownership from day one.
- Your open and friendly communication style helps you to explain complex legal issues.
- You are business fluent in both English and German.
- You feel comfortable working in a remote setting.
- Ideally you have previous experience in an eCommerce or SaaS company environment.
Fareed will be happy to receive your application in English or German.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈