1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people.
QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
We are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
A 15-25 hr a week role, which could be done flexibly over 5 days a week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create the appropriate legal contractual framework for customer and supplier contracts
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to ensure we have a robust contractual process
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relationships of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights are protected
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Provide clarification on legal language or specification to colleagues across the business
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Support for Data protection and Employee Relations cases
- Manage company trademarks
- Ability to work across jurisdictions, for a company with main offices in UK, India, Romania, Australia, Malaysia and customers globally
- Ability to seek and supervise local legal counsel where needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈