Lead Accountant / Analyst/Tax Preparer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
OMiga is an outsourced accounting and advisory firm working with entrepreneurs across the country to grow and improve their businesses. We are seeking an experienced accounting /finance professional with strong analytical and problem solving skills to serve our growing list of clients. Keys attributes of a successful candidate include:
- Highly Organized -- working across 10 to 15 clients can be be very rewarding, but you must be able to manage your time well and keep the team organized.
- Finisher -- clients want to know that that you will get the job done quickly, on time as promised. Knowing how to get to "Done" efficiently, and solving problems quickly is essential
- Tech Savvy & Continuously Improving -- the accounting world is in the midst of significant change with new and sometimes even improved software being introduced continuously. Understanding how to apply technology and to continuously improve our processes to make our work more efficient and our clients happier is highly valued.
- Client Service Oriented -- this role requires extensive interaction with business owners and managers to solve problems and share insights to make their business more successful. Although strong accounting and analytical skills are a given, true success comes when you can interact with your client to establish a trusted relationship
We provide full service accounting solutions to clients ranging from start-ups to well establish companies. In your role you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of financial records through daily review of transactions/reports; assisting in all financial accounting processes; preparing financial statements and management reports; and addressing questions / client requests; and preparing business and personal tax returns.
This position could qualify for "working from home" for the right candidate with demonstrated remote working experience.
- Accounting or business related degree AND/OR 5 years accounting experience.
- Excellent general computer and data skills – MS Office, internet, and Advanced Excel skills
- 2+ years hands-on QuickBooks experience.
- Experience with Write-up work and After The Fact payroll
- Experienced business and personal tax preparation
- Verifiable references
- Able to pass a drug screening and background check
- Enrolled Agent, CPA or CPA candidate a plus
Company offers medical insurance and 401(k); in addition to paid personal time off and holidays.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈