1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We're looking for a Junior Accountant to handle a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative work, including accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, financial reporting and analysis, account reconciliations, preparing financial records, detecting errors and discrepancies in the accounting records, and recommending improvements in internal controls. As a member of our finance operations team and reporting to the Controller, in this role, you'll combine your excellent analytical skills with your knowledge of accounting principles to ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks and processes.
- Process a variety of accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and variances.
- Verify supporting documentation and approve and post data to appropriate accounts; prepare monthly GST rebate claims; file US State and Federal taxes when applicable.
- Provide input and recommend improvements to all accounts payable and receivable practices and processes.
- Administer revenue contracts to ensure accuracy, and process invoicing of revenue contracts, verify accuracy, reasonableness, and adherence to the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Assist with month-end processes such as bank reconciliations, revenue reconciliations, and updating other supporting documentation.
- Handle the preparation of journal entries for US and Canadian income tax slips and deduction.
- Assist with year-end balancing and reconciliation of payroll and benefit-related balance sheet accounts, and with the preparation of annual returns and documents such as T4’s, T4A’s, T4ANR’s (Non-Resident Contractors), and corresponding US tax documents.
- Assistance with financial analysis on special projects, both short and long-term
- Relevant experience in a similar role: You have 1-3 years in accounting, along with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and a strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You're familiar with accounting tools like Xero and Quickbooks. It would also be a bonus if you're familiar with a SaaS business environment!
- A proven ability to solve problems and make thoughtful decisions: You can assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. You can identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- A willingness to learn and grow: A readiness to jump into the deep end of any challenge that comes your way is something we value highly!
- Excellent communication skills: You speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- A love of organization: You can gracefully handle multiple projects at once. You set priorities, regularly report on and monitor progress towards goals, and meticulously track details, data, information and activities.
- Remote work experience: You've worked with remote teams and can communicate effectively in a remote environment.
- Experience with US corporate and state tax, and experience with IFRS: While not required, this would be a huge plus!
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere: We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Unplug: Get at least 22 days of paid time off every year + 20 official company holidays (we celebrate both US & Canadian holiday calendars).
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job
- Get your learn on: We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave: 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave for US employees.
- Perk up: Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Buff up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to support you in staying healthy
- Save up: Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out: Meet up with your remote team face-to-face at least once annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈