1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
- Execute on the invoice process from booking the invoice to payment application
- Manage all customer interactions related to billing, including responding to customer billing questions and following up with accounts on past due balances
- Perform cash application on a daily basis including but not limited to wire transfers, ACH payments, and checks received by mail
- Assist with month-end close processes related to Accounts Receivable
- Maintain timely and accurate processing of invoices, including appropriate research, 2-way matching, determination of accounting distribution, and obtaining necessary approvals
- Process credit card expense reports and ensure timely payments
- Assist with regulatory and legal compliance related to accounts payable including W9 collection, 1099 reporting, and maintaining active vendor contracts
- Manage the PO box and delegate mail as needed
- Assist with month-end close processes related to Accounts Payable
- 1-2 years of Billing and Accounting Operations experience
- A solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- A good command of GSuite and Microsoft Excel. NetSuite or ERP software knowledge as well as Expensify and Bill.com is a plus
- Highly organized with an ability to execute with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments and processes
- Curiosity, and a commitment to life-long learning
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, a health care FSA, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, and a monthly wellness and internet stipend.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈