International Compensation and Benefits Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re centralising this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
Having recently secured seed funding we’re looking to ramp up operations globally, so there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join us. We're searching for an International Compensation and Benefits Manager with deep expertise in benefits in an international context as we scale across the globe.
What problems will you be solving?
You will be directly shaping our core product, working with our wider product and operations teams in a remit outside that of a traditional HR team. We need to set up a menu of employee benefits across at least 80 countries, making sure we find great providers at the right price and continually benchmark local markets. This is where your expertise comes in. You’re not just building structure for our own employees, you'll be responsible for building a fundamental part of our service and directly affect our growth strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Advise founders in anything related to benefits as subject matter expert
- Develop and roll out a global compensation and benefits strategy as we expand worldwide
- Identify and liaise with benefits providers as we enter new territories
- Develop a set of benefits packages for each country as we expand
- Streamline and automate processes using modern tools wherever possible together with our tech team
- An ability to advise on inter-jurisdiction HR compliance would be advantageous
- Assist with internal employee and client employee onboarding
- Build the foundation of what is to become the Omnipresent Compensation and Benefits Department
- Assist operations and sales with ad hoc queries
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes
- Collaborating with suppliers and tech teams to automate processes
- Ability and drive to identify and use modern (online) solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation replacing manual human interaction wherever possible
- Experience with new territory expansion
- Experience with establishing modern HR management systems across multiple jurisdictions would be an advantage
- Experience with establishing benefits packages across multiple jurisdictions
- Good understanding of multi-jurisdictional HR compliance would be an advantage
- Finally, you must be a self-driven problem solver, with the ability to work towards achieving overarching commercial goals with minimal direction. We're looking for a doer, not a talker and above all else, we need a team player who wants to be part of a fast growing startup
What else is in it for you?
- Position: International Compensation & Benefits Manager
- Career outlook: We have extremely ambitious plans and being part of the founding team means that you can have exposure to a variety of career paths
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Working with an innovative and rapidly growing startup team
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world. We are as flexible as the work allows
- Start date: Mutually agreed as soon as possible
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈