Independent Contractor - Legal
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it's pretty magical. And now we're looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
Best in class. We've been named one of LinkedIn's Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America's Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
Work from almost anywhere. We're a global fully distributed company.
- Assist and advise the Company to ensure its continued growth and compliance;
- Draft and negotiate brand and platform deals, as well as vendor contracts;
- Draft, obtain internal consensus on, and post new Additional Terms before new products are shipped;
- Handle cyber security related matters; and
- Obtain and review DPAs.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience: any additional experience welcomed;
- Experience at both large law firm (at least 5 years) and high growth startup at Series B, C, or D level (at least 3 years);
- Familiarity with Communications Decency Act U.S.C.A. § 230;
- Specialty in privacy regulations and compliance, including GDPR and US regulations;
- Specialty in drafting marketplace platform terms of service and privacy policies;
- High level of expertise in IP law: copyright; trademark; rights of publicity; rights of privacy; and talent agreements;
- Experience in drafting and negotiating advertising/marketing and promotional agreements, preferably including sweepstakes and/or skill contests;
- Experience working cross-functionally at a startup especially with tech, marketing, and business development teams;
- Excellent drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to do excellent and thorough work quickly in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and efficiently;
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Hourly rate is approximately US$100 - US$150 depending on experience
- Term is a minimum of 6 months, 20-30 hours per week, with potential for an indefinite time period.
Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈