Head of Security and Compliance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Given our work with health plans sponsored by the US government, this posting is for US-based citizens only.
DocStation takes pharmacists from pills to patients. We analyze data provided to us by our partner health plans and pharmacies to find care opportunities where pharmacists can make a large impact on patient health. To make this work, we pair our easy-to-use interface with our efficient data pipeline to help pharmacists focus on what they do best: care for patients. We're an early stage company looking to transform the $3.2 trillion healthcare industry via the $450 billion pharmacy industry.
DocStation processes millions of healthcare records every day and serves clients that have strict security and compliance requirements. We've built a robust information security management system and we're looking for someone to take it to the next level. You'll work closely with our engineering team to understand our technical architecture and security, as well as with our operations team to ensure we maintain compliance with our policies and contracts.
What you'll do
- Continuously improve our security posture
- Collaborate with leadership members to implement improvements on their teams
- Collaborate with engineering to understand and implement security requirements
- Handle day-to-day security and compliance items
- Report to leadership about the progress of those improvements
- Respond to security questionnaires and assessments
- Review and monitor security and compliance contracts
- Oversee internal and external audits, such as SOC 2 or HITRUST.
What you'll bring to DocStation
- Experience working in a well organized security or compliance team to know what works -- and what doesn't
- A keen ability to understand the multiple facets of our information security management system and compliance needs
- Tenacity to ensure we maintain compliance with the seemingly mundane tasks, having experience completing or managing things like penetration tests or business continuity exercises
- Ideas to improve our existing policies and procedures
- High level technical understanding of cloud-based architecture and software development
- Fully distributed company - work from wherever you're most comfortable
- Competitive pay and equity
- Great health benefits for you and family
- Equipment you need to do your job, including a home office stipend
- Annual education allowance
- Monthly self-care allowance
As a fully remote company, we highly value the ability to communicate in writing. Please submit your application with a highly detailed cover letter that describes why you believe you're a good fit for this particular position and anything else you'd like us to know. When answering the additional questions, please go into detail (we also love to read).
DocStation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈