Head of Finance / Controller
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Head of Finance / Controller
Location: Austin or surrounding cities to be considered.
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Head of Finance / Controller to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, excited by a fast-paced environment, and enjoy solving challenges.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial management for the company and associated corporate entities as well as helping lead financial strategy, fundraising, and debt structures. On the accounting side, this position will work to build an internal team.
- Build and scale an in-house Accounting team for our financial infrastructure. Providing leadership and vision for the team.
- Manage our accounting daily activities and finance operations and develop plans for driving efficiency and automation. Oversee and manage AP, AR, journal entries, and billing issues to identify resolutions.
- Work with company managers on departmental budgets, building, maintaining, and accountability.
- Own the financial close process and all associated activity to deliver accurate and timely results reporting to management and the Board of Directors.
- Own financial forecasting, company budget, and alternative pro formas.
- Develop the team's capabilities across the range of sub-functions: general ledger, tax, treasury, payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit, and legal.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with Brave Care's policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- Own insurance renewals and processing consistent with obligatory requirements and maintain accurate personal property values.
- Lead financial strategy in respect to the budget, fundraising, and debt financing.
You'll be a good match if you have:
- Proven track record of leading and developing accounting teams
- Collaborative, empathetic, patient, and a positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced quantitative, analytical, and Excel skills, strong attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines.
You'll need to have:
- 6-8+ years of experience as a Controller or 2+ years Head of Finance
- 4+ years audit/assurance experience
Compensation & Benefits
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Paid Family Leave (3 months)
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Full family health care coverage including comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Education/tutorial allowance
- 2 weeks sick time
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for a gym, spa, or other investments in your physical or emotional health)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children's primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈