General Ledger Accountant
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
6Connex is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a hands-on General Ledger Accountant to manage accounting operations. The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of the monthly close process. The ideal candidate will have previous experience at a start-up SaaS company. The position will report to the Controller and will be instrumental in assisting to building a scalable finance and accounting organization.
6Connex is a leader in virtual events software and we are growing fast! To fuel that growth we are looking for the best and the brightest to join our ranks. The pace is fast and the future is exciting. We are looking for someone who is ready to put their energy and experience to work and make an immediate impact. The Controller will play a central role helping to establish and execute on policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and being hands on with their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets, goodwill and intangibles and various other accounts
- Have experience with 606 related to commissions and/or revenue recognition. Including building out the capitalization of ER benefits.
- Perform and reconcile 3rd party commission entries.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Record payroll related to all entities, and reconcile the GL to payroll reports
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in project implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Ensure compliance of internal controls as related to SOX
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Be a back-up to processing vendor invoices and payments.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and management inquiries
- Other projects and tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- CPA or working toward their CPA preferred
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Prior working remote experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS Accounting standards
- Experience with ASC 606 at a SaaS company required
- Experience with NetSuite strongly preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
The position will be fully remote, but travel to the HQ located at offices in the Tech District in beautiful downtown San Antonio, may be necessary a few times a year. We offer competitive compensation, great career growth potential, and a comprehensive benefits package.
6Connex is the leading provider of virtual environment solutions. Our secure, cloud-based platform expands audience reach and drives in-depth content engagement for marketing, sales, recruitment, training, and HR communities. Our product portfolio includes virtual environments, learning management, and webinars that are leveraged by customers such as Salesforce, Blackrock, GE, Unilever, United Way, CA Technologies and BambooHR. For more information, please visit www.6Connex.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈