General Ledger Accountant
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Finance / Legal
The Finance team is seeking a General Ledger Accountant as part of our growth. This person will perform the day-to-day ledger entries with the guidance of the Accounting Manager - NORAM.
You will help to streamline processes and improve existing procedures as Elastic dynamically grows and as the accounting team proactively plans ahead.
You will review accounts and prepare supporting schedules for the monthly close.
- Perform corporate month-end close activities including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations
- Preparation of US and International payroll and benefit journal entries, financial accruals, bank transactions and other journal entries
- Preparation of financial statement flux analysis
- Produce ad-hoc reports, analysis, and special projects
- Assist with audit by providing supporting documents and answering procedural questions for auditors
Do you have the dedication to problem solve, ask questions, and find answers?
Are you eager to work in a dynamic, global tech company as part of a rapidly growing finance team?
Can you evaluate and recommend new approaches and procedures that result in process improvements and efficiencies?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (mandatory)
- 4-6 years of professional, relevant experience
- Experience with ERP system (mandatory)
- Intermediate Excel skills, (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Sarbanes- Oxley compliance and internal controls
- Team oriented personality
- Experience with foreign currency and multiple international subsidiaries EMEA, APAC, NA, preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈