Financial Reporting Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our growing Financial Reporting team!
You have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment!
This position reports to the Director, Financial Reporting.
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q/Ks, 8K’s and earnings
- Implement a financial statement tie-out process for the financial statement audit
- Serve as point of contact for external auditors on financial statement disclosure and tie out questions
- Assist in onboarding and managing a financial reporting tool that can be used for SEC filings; collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate implementation efforts across functional areas (e.g. management reporting), as necessary
- Establish active and effective communication with senior members of the Finance and with executive staff regarding critical initiatives; ensure that SEC filings reflect those initiatives
- Preparation of the Statement of Cash Flows
- Anticipate new ASC and SEC disclosure requirements and update disclosures accordingly
- Management of the external auditor’s review of the SEC filings and coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits of financial documents
- Prepare subsidiary and statutory financial reporting, including investor reporting packages
- Prepare reports required by regulatory bodies for state licensing and tax reporting
- Assist with monthly tie-out of the reporting package, as necessary
- Complete disclosure checklists to ensure all disclosure requirements are met; research disclosure requirements and keep abreast of new pronouncements impacting disclosures; establish repository of peer company disclosures and practices
- Collaborate with investor relations, legal and strategic finance on external stakeholder financial communications
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls as it pertains to financial reporting and equity
- Assist in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives
- Active CPA license; Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting
- 8 years related and recent experience as an Accounting Manager of a public company is required
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise and familiarity with financial business applications; must have strong understanding of ERP systems
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting, stock option accounting, loan accounting and securitization
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies, as well as develop and empower staff
- An orientation toward process and detail mindedness. Strong analytical and quantitative skills and outstanding accounting skills
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for Affirm and an interest in technology
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈