Financial Institution Regulation and Compliance Advisor
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Are you an experienced AML practitioner who’s excited by the innovative world of cryptoassets? Are you passionate about engaging with public and private sector stakeholders, and advising them on complex regulatory and compliance challenges? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
Cryptoassets present major new challenges for financial institutions and their regulatory stakeholders. As a team member of Elliptic’s Global Policy and Research Group (GPRG), you will play a key role in establishing Elliptic as the leading source of compliance expertise for enterprise businesses, financial institutions, regulators as they encounter the cryptoasset space. You will lead Elliptic’s engagements with key US banking regulators and will be responsible for the delivery of Elliptic’s professional services and advisory offerings to US financial institutions.
We are excited to welcome applications from across the United States, with a preference for the East Coast.
- Leading engagements with US federal and state banking regulators
- Shaping Elliptic’s response to key regulatory developments impacting financial institutions
- Providing training on cryptoassets and financial crime to senior compliance teams at US banks, and to US banking regulators
- Delivering advisory services to Elliptic’s public and private sector customers in the US
- Producing blog posts, reports, webinars, and other online content to establish Elliptic’s thought leadership on key regulatory and compliance issues
- Representing Elliptic at industry working groups, events, and other fora, and providing presentations on our work and research
- Joining calls with our Sales and Marketing teams to provide expertise on regulatory and compliance issues to prospects and customers
- Working with our Product team to ensure that Elliptic’s blockchain analytics solutions remain the leading enterprise-grade cryptoasset compliance solutions
At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies.
Our customers include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies. Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
We have offices in London, UK, New York City, Singapore and Tokyo. We are backed by SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
- Loves to learn about new technology and are curious about how things work under the hood
- Is truly passionate about cryptoassets
- Always takes up the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and continuously improve and develop your skills
- Thrives working in an autonomous environment and taking on multiple responsibilities
- Embodies proactivity and is happy rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in with everything required to support customers, from the day to day admin to representing Elliptic
- Is an exceptional and empathetic listener, and able to use this quality to truly understand the challenges your customers are facing
- Enjoys thinking creatively and problem solving under pressure
- 10+ years working in AML, sanctions, and related financial crime topics
- Confidence engaging senior stakeholders at regulators and banks
- A basic understanding of key regulatory and compliance challenges related to cryptoassets
- Experience working for a US regulator, especially a banking regulator
- Experience delivering consultancy services related to cryptoasset regulation and compliance
- Experience working in a senior compliance role at a bank
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Health Insurance
- Share options
- Strong focus on personal development, with $1,000 per annum personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment. We understand that flexibility is the key to maintaining a healthy work-life balance, especially at the moment. We’re working remotely right now and are carefully considering our strategy for remote working in the longer term.
- Social events, which include monthly team lunch on us, quarterly full day events and an annual company 3-day event - this year these are taking place virtually
And you get to be part of a business with a purpose, working with a passionate team of mission-driven people who will stretch and challenge you!
Ensuring that individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities feel welcome at Elliptic is an ongoing priority for us. We really believe that diverse thinking, cultures, and experiences enable us to solve problems in new ways, benefiting both Elliptic and our customers.
We know that some candidates may be less likely to apply for a job unless they meet all the requirements and we also recognise that “traditional” office hours aren’t always doable, especially during the pandemic. If you want to work for Elliptic and you are excited by this role, we would love to hear from you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈