2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to be the lead member of the Rockbot Accounting team reporting to the Head of Finance. You will join the Finance team and help bring the accounting function in-house (currently outsourced).
You will be our Accounting Team and work with key cross-functional business partners. You will be responsible for creating and managing JEs, account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audits, ad-hoc projects, and reporting activities. You'll be responsible to use your skills and knowledge to build our Accounting Team's infrastructure from the ground up. We will need to be able to grow and scale at a very fast pace with the processes you create and implement. Your co-workers describe you as a self-starter, ambitious, analytical, detail-oriented, and excellent at what you do.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Rockbot's business and accounting operations
- Help build a capable, efficient, and sustainable accounting organization – people, process, and systems
- Own and innovate our month-end and year-end close process via automation and identifying efficiencies while increasing the accuracy of financial reporting
- Review existing technical accounting issues and develop measures to optimize them
- Create and document business processes and accounting policies to optimize internal controls
- Prepare annual, monthly, and quarterly budgets and financial forecasts to inform management and drive strategic initiatives
- Liaise with Operations to drive productivity driving tools while continuing to improve efficiencies and reducing costs across the business.
- Ensure compliance with state reporting requirements, applicable laws, and tax filings; manage sales tax reporting and economic nexus via Avalara
- Ability to zoom in and out of projects (detailed but able to also see the larger picture of business & direction)
- Lead & manage the initiative to get Rockbot audit-ready for future audits and manage applicable third parties as needed
- Assist in system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Assist in SOX Compliance as required
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of experience working as a Controller
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience driving improvement in internal controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASC 606 & SOX Compliance requirements
- Profound experience with accounting procedures and principles
- Significant experience with general ledger functions, the month-end/year-end close process, and financial statements management
- B2B SaaS and/or hardware sales experience highly preferred
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Experience implementing and managing Accounting ERP systems is a plus
- Professional certification such as CPA or CMA
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈