Claire Myers Consulting
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Our client, the leader in ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) solutions for investment management companies in Real Estate and Private Equity, is seeking a motivated and goal-oriented critical thinker to join our back-office team.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring compliance with GAAP, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditures, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial reporting.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Daily bookkeeping utilizing NetSuite
- Managing finance and accounting operations
- Coordinating and directing preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements
- Execute month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal accounting controls
- Work with external accountants on all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Utilizing NetSuite advanced revenue recognition procedures for SaaS and Consulting business lines
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage cash flow of accounts receivable / payable
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to executives, stakeholders, and board members
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experiences and inclinations:
- Accounting degree or similar concentration
- 1 to 5 years of experience as financial controller
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in NetSuite accounting software required
- CPA achieved or in progress
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strict attention to detail, organization, and quality standards
- Ability to interact well with a range of clients and other professionals
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial attitude, and independent and adaptable worker
- Creative thinker and problem-solver with a positive approach
- Skilled with standard office software applications
Benefits of working at our client:
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial company backed by Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Health care, 401(k), and employee stock option benefits
- Remote friendly culture with employees throughout the United States and a physical office in Chicago
Our client is a fast-growth company and we are looking for an eager mind who wants to grow with us. Flexibility, curiosity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong work ethic are essential for this role. They have embraced a remote-working culture and is accepting top candidate across the U.S. This position is not eligible for H1B or other work visa sponsorships.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈